Summer is underway and the mad end-of-school-term rush has steamed into the past. It takes a few weeks to recover and find equilibrium again! Maybe you’ve had a chance to unwind, read a few books from your wishlist, maybe even had a little vacation… and now you’re ready to tackle a few of those projects that you said you would have time for in your Summer break. We have rounded up a few of our favorite DIY Speechie Projects to give you some inspiration and maybe a little nudge to get you started on your way…grab a cool drink and enjoy…
- DIY Chevron Letters: Here at Speech Room Style we love DIY! Check out this post to create these great SLP letters from air-drying clay! Full step by step instructions are given to make your own funky chevron hanging decorations!
- ‘In our Room’ Chevron Style Sign: Jenn from Crazy Speech World describes how she crafted this great chevron style sign for her speech room. Why pay for a speech room sign when you know you can make one yourself?
- Owl Theme Speech Room Decor: Perhaps undertaking a large DIY project seems too challenging for you, but you would like to personalize your speech room and add color and style. This pack of editable decor in an adorable owl theme could be just what you are looking for! It includes door signs, bulletin board cut-outs, a ‘Today Is…’ calendar, a ‘Speech Room Rules’ poster, editable labels in various sizes, printable papers, dismissal passes and editable pennants. All you need to do is personalize it, print it, cut out and decorate!
- Classroom Desk Makeover: Natalie Synders shares her fab desk makeover using contact paper. Her ‘worse for the wear’ desk (as she describes it herself!) was in need of some love and attention. Within this post she has included lots of ‘before and after’ pics and the transformation is just amazing – such a charming desk!
- DIY Chalkboard Picture Frame: I’m sure you’ve seen these cute little chalkboard frames that are so useful for writing quotes, reminders, and notes on – but have you thought of making your own? Well Jenn from Crazy Speech World shows us how she made a super chalkboard from an old picture frame using blackboard paint, modge podge and scrapbook paper – it’s that easy!
- DIY Fabric Covered Baskets: I think we all have some plastic baskets in our speech rooms for storing resources & books. They are incredibly useful but mostly not very pretty! Well Jenn from Crazy World Speech (who obviously is a DIY queen, based on all the projects she’s undertaken!) has transformed her dollar tree plastic baskets into chic fabric covered ones. In this post she describes how she completed this task – it’s very impressive!
I hope you will find some of these amazing blog posts inspiring and that after having read them you will feel energized to start that DIY project you’ve been putting off – we’d love to hear your ideas and see any projects you’ve undertaken! Hit the ‘Be a Guest Blogger at SpeechRoomStyle’ button at the top of the page if you would like to share your creativity with us!