I hate to say it…but it’s unstoppable, inevitable and just around the corner…that day that seemed like a million years away on the last day of Summer term is fast approaching….First Day Back to School!! In fact, some of you may already have your first day over you and are settling back into school routine. But I’m sure it’s not too late for a few handy back to school ideas to help you to ready yourself for the year ahead. I’ve compiled this set of my favorite posts to settle my nerves and get myself into the ‘back to school’ zone:
Back to School Ideas and Advice for SLPs by SLPs
- How to Prepare for Back to School: Natalie Snyders shares how she gets ready for back to school. From managing caseloads & student goals to getting scheduling sorted and making student folders and reward charts, she has all the necessary preparations covered! A great 8-point plan!
- Tips to Run a Successful IEP Meeting: When IEP meetings are unsuccessful, it’s usually our students who suffer most. Thats why it’s always great to get some tips on how to make these meetings more effective. Felice, The Dabbling Speechie, has asked around her SLP colleagues and has compiled this really useful list of tips on how to run a successful IEP Meeting. It’s well worth a read.
- Dear CF-SLP: In this great blog post, Jenna from Speech Room News, offers advice to CF-SLPs that she wishes soemone had told her during her CF. She covers issues like how you go about picking up from your predecessor, how you will need to make yourself known to other staff members and how to prioritize your new responsibilities. This is a great read for newbie SLPs looking for fresh back to school ideas – or even to recommend to a friend who’s just starting their CF Year.
- School SLPs Shoe Recommendations: It’s not only the students who can end up having blisters trying to wear-in new shoes at the start of the school year – it can happen to us SLPs too! We spend a lot of time each day walking around our schools and on our feet and we need to have trusty shoes on to avoid any discomfort. Check out this post by Natalie Snyders where she recommends her favorite tried and tested shoes for work and has recommendations from other SLPs too.
- Ultimate Back to School Bundle for SLPs: This is a bundle of my best back to school resources. It contains a range of activities, games, and even classroom decor to get your year started right. Read this blog post to see why it is the ‘ultimate’ back to school bundle!
Okay, so that’s how I will get started with my ‘back to school’ preparations – how will you prepare? I’d love to hear your comments!